- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 5 cups (approx)
- 1/2 cup butter ( can use hard margarine)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ( more is better, I use freshly ground pepper)
- 4 cups pan drippings ( or see options below the recipe)
- Drain the pan drippings for the roasted turkey through a fine strainer.
- Let sit and then remove any fat from the top of the drippings.
- Add in chicken broth or water to make 4 cups if necessary.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine or butter.
- Add in lots of black pepper.
- Add in 1/2 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons; constantly whisk for about 3 minutes over low heat.
- Slowly add in the 4 cups turkey broth/drippings; whisk constantly over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Use right away or keep warm over lowest heat setting, whisk again before serving.
- **OPTIONS** to make this gravy using all chicken broth prepare as directed using 4 cups low sodium chicken broth and 1 tablespoon chicken boullion powder —- or you may add in low sodium chicken broth omitting bouillon powder to pan drippings to make up 4 cups.