- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes, plus chilling
- Serves 8
- 10 graham crackers (2 1/2 by 5 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 quarts strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (a few whole berries reserved for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, blend graham crackers with 2 tablespoons sugar until finely ground; add butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press mixture into the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cranberry juice, 2 cups strawberries, cornstarch, and salt. Using a potato masher, gently mash strawberries. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until very thick, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in remaining strawberries. Pour into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours (or up to 1 day).
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over cream and continue to beat until soft peaks return (do not overbeat). Spread whipped cream over pie, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border around edge. Garnish with whole berries.