Yield: Makes one 9 1/2-inch pie
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 recipe Pie Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/256544/pie-dough)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate (such as Ghirardelli 60 percent cacao), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 15-inch round. With a dry pastry brush, sweep off the excess flour; fit dough into a 9 1/2-inch glass pie plate, pressing it into the edges. Trim to a 1-inch overhang all around. Fold under overhang so it extends slightly beyond the edge of the pie plate. Crimp edge as desired. Cover with plastic wrap; chill pie shell until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, and vanilla and almond extracts to combine. Add the sugar, mix until incorporated. Add corn syrups, and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in pecans and chocolate.
- Pour filling into prepared pie shell, and bake until filling is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack at least 20 minutes before serving.