Prep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving
- juice. Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream
- cheese and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture;
- chill until partially set, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots
- and walnuts. Fold in whipped topping. pour into a 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Chill until firm. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.