Makes: 16 servings
Yield: 16 gifts
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2/3 cup pecans or your favorite nuts, chopped
- 163 – 4 inches soft peppermint sticks
1. In a small saucepan combine chocolate and shortening; cook over low heat just until melted. Transfer to a bowl. Place pecans on waxed paper.
2. Dip one end of each peppermint stick into melted chocolate and then roll in chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Wrap each individually to give as a gift. Makes 16 gifts.