Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
What you’ll need
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon used coffee grounds, or Hazelnut (optional)
- 1 cup smashed mixed salty snacks
- 1 cup mixed baking chips, or chopped candy bars
How to make it
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until barely combined. Stir in the oats, coffee grounds if using, salty snacks and baking chips and mix well.
Place spoonfuls of cookie dough (about 1 tablespoon each) a couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.