Yields: 4 dozen
Total Time: 40 min
Oven Temp: 350
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) cocoa
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried tart cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking pans with parchment paper and set aside. Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy, using a mixer set on medium-high speed. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chopped chocolate and cherries (for blond Milk Chocolate and Cherry Cookies, omit cocoa, add an additional cup flour, and replace bittersweet chocolate with milk chocolate). Shape 2 tablespoons dough into rough balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes. Cool cookies on pan 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.