- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr 15 mins
Yield: 12 servings